I think of all the people in my family, my dad is the hardest to shop for. He doesn’t give any hints or clues to things that he might like for Christmas – he doesn’t have many electronic devices, he’s quite old fashioned, and he doesn’t believe in extravagant Christmas gifts. I’ve developed a bit of a formula when shopping for him, and that’s to find items that are practical and useful. Nothing too flashy or crazy, but things that are foolproof!
Here are some of my gift ideas for reliable and safe gift ideas if you dad is anything like mine!
- Black or Brown Side Snap Leather Gloves – Leather gloves are always a great gift during the winter time – they’ll keep your hands toasty warm and stop the cold air from blowing through!
- Everything You Want iPhone 6/6+ Cases – One thing I’ve noticed is that guys never seem to carry much with them when going out! This handy phone case acts like a mini wallet and can store cards, cash, and anything else he’d normally carry.
- Ralph Lauren Polo Blue Eau de Toilette – A classic eau de toilette makes a fantastic gift – this one by Ralph Lauren is clean and inviting. It is described as a fresh blend of aquatic accords combined with spicy basil, verbena, and clary sage, softened with soothing notes of washed suede, velvety moss, and sheer musk.
- Extra Fine Merino Crew Neck Sweater – Merino wool is super soft and extra warm! This dark blue sweater is a lovely colour and will pair well with other clothing items.
- Great Minds – Darwin’s Egg of Evolution – All dads love a bit of a challenge, don’t they? This fun little puzzle makes a great desk decoration, as well as working out his brain!
- The Martian by Andy Weir – The Martian movie was a hit in theaters, and for good reason! The original book follows astronaut Mark Watney as he is abandoned after a Mars mission, presumed dead after a fierce storm. A must read!
- 7 Piece King of the Grill BBQ Set – For the dad that loves the grill. Not so much a wintery gift, but he’ll sure appreciate it when grilling season comes around!
- 6-in-1 Tire Pressure Gauge Multi-Tool – A small and handy tool that would make a great stocking stuffer! There are six small tools in this keychain-like device, including a tire pressure gauge, tread depth gauge, LED flashlight, bottle opener, flat screwdriver, and key ring with quick release.
- Hudson’s Bay Company Multi Stripe Wool Scarf – The worst thing in the wintertime is feeling the cold hair blow past your neck! This scarf is 100% wool and comes in a variety of colours!
Tune in tomorrow for the final day of giftmas week… budget buys and stocking stuffers!