This past weekend was Ipsy’s Generation Beauty, a weekend-long makeup and beauty event founded by Michelle Phan for beauty lovers to network, meet their favourite brands, and get a ton of free stuff! (I say “free”, but I think the regular attendee badge was about $100?) I was fortunate enough to qualify for Ipsy’s Generation Beauty as a creator. Keep reading to see what we received….
I received this creator swag bag at the cocktail party on the Friday of the event. I had originally planned on going alone but I’m so terribly awkward at solo events, so I scouted a fellow beauty blogger named Shivani on Twitter and we decided to go in together!
The event itself was held at the Thompson Hotel, downtown Toronto. It was on the roof of the hotel, which had some gorgeous views of the 6ix! The sunset was absolutely gorgeous.
Michelle Phan also came out and said a few words, followed by a performance by Abir (this girl has serious vocals!!)
Now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for – a look into the swag bag given to Ipsy creators at the cocktail party!
THE GIFT BAG…
- Physicians Formula #InstaReady Setting Spray
- Physicians Formula #InstaReady Multi-Finish Eyeshadow in Smoky Nude
- Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon Kit in shades Barely Bitten, Apricot Adore, Coral Crush, Translucent Taste, Rose Romance, and Fuchsia Flirt
- Nudestix #Babeboss Faves Box in shades Sin, Pulse, Stiletto, Boho, Purity, and Burgundy.
- Smashbox Casey Holmes Spotlight Palette in Pearl
- Ciaté London Liquid Velvet Moisturizing Matte Liquid Lipstick in Risque
- MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick in Cafe au Chic
- MAC Cosmetics Prep and Prime Lip
- MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Nice n Spicy
- Benefit Watts Up Cream-to-Powder Highlighter
- NYX Dose of Dew Face Gloss
- Absolute Cotton Candy Liner in Jelly Bean (This stained my eyelid blue for 2 days wtf)
- Dirty Little Secret Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Bare
- Essence Satin Touch Blush in Satin Bronze
- Essence Rock n’ Doll Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- Essence Light Up Your Face Luminizer Palette in Ready Set Glow
- Essence Color Correcting Mattifying Powder
- Essence Matt Matt Matt Vibrant Shock Lipstick in Rockin Princess
- Essence Lash Princess Mascara
- PÜR Triple Threat Slimline Mascara
- Covergirl Total Tease Mascara
Some goodies from Essence. I’ve tried Lash Princess mascara in the past and loved it! I’m also in love with the shade of that blush – its a gorgeous tawny rose shade.
So excited when I saw these products! There were a ton of highlighting products in our bag, I guess because it’s so trendy at the moment and so universally flattering. I had a mini of the Benefit Watts Up from years ago (Sephora birthday gift) and I wore it all the time as a cream eyeshadow.
Some bits from Physicians Formula, Cover Girl, Pur, Nyx, Ciate, Absolute, Pop Beauty, OGX and Goomee.
Just had to do a swatch of the Ciate Liquid Velvet liquid lipstick! Such a beautiful orange-red shade. I don’t think I’ll be able to wear it because it doesn’t fully dry down/set, so red will just migrate across my face (as most red lipsticks seem to do…) It felt really comfortable on the lips though!
A few lip bits! A tin of Nudestix favourites in all different shades that can be used on both the lips and cheeks. I received on of the gel colours in last year’s bag and loved it, so I’m a big fan of the formula! I also received my first real products from MAC (other than my holy grail Archie’s Girl blush). I guess I never really got into MAC, so it’ll be fun testing these out! Cafe Au Chic is a retromatte liquid lip in a milky brown (that looks a bit grey on my lips so I’ll probably pass it on) but I’m excited to try out the Prep & Prime lip and lip liner!
- Marc Anthony Strengthening Grow Long Sulfate Free Shampoo
- Marc Anthony Strengthening Grow Long Sulfate Free Conditioner
- Marc Anthony Strengthening Rapid Grow Leave In Conditioner Spray
- OGX Coconut Miracle Oil Penetrating Oil
- Eva NYC Mane Magic 10-in-1 Primer Spray
- Goomee Markless Hair Loops
- Briogeo Rosarco Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant Crème
- IGK Rich Kid Coconut Oil Gel
I’ve been trying out the Marc Anthony Conditioner Spray and I really like it! I struggle with tangling so I absolutely have to have a leave-in spray of some sort. I am also excited to try out the cream from Briogeo because I’ve never tried anything from their brand before!
- Dr Belmur ATO Salt Cream
- Purlisse Blue Lotus Seaweed Treatment Sheet Mask
- Sooae Acai Berry Revitalizing Sleeping Mask
- Pixi Sun Serum Sunscreen and Lip Balm
- GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment
- Derma-E Vitamin C Miscellar Cleansing Water
So excited to finally have a full sized GlamGlow mask! I loooove their Supermud treatment – I’ve tried man of the sample packets in the past (lol Sephora orders) and saved them to use the night before conventions because they would suck out my impurities/ gross face oil and clear up any small zits I had. Such a miracle product, but quite expensive. I also tried out the Derma E miscellar water and love it! It smells so nice and feels so refreshing on the skin.
- Luxie Mini Detail Rose Gold Collection
- Royal and Langnickel MODA Complexion Perfection Pink Brush Set
Gotta love those brushes! Luxie and Royal are two of my fav brush brands so it’s great to stock up on different types. I’m gonna take a few with me to Anime Expo 🙂
There was a notable absence of popular beauty brands compared to last year – a few of the big names (eg. Tarte, Make Up For Ever, Too Faced..etc) had dropped out. However, there were a few new big names, such as MAC, Glamglow, and Briogeo that joined the crew at Toronto’s #GenBeauty.
Still, I’m so excited to test out these products! I hope you enjoyed my mini reviews/ first impressions, I’ve got a few more in-depth reviews planned. My mom has already stolen a few bits but if there is anything you’d like a specific review on, leave it in the comments below. 🙂
Thanks again to ipsy and GenBeauty for hosting the event, it was so much fun!